Friday 25 February 2011

Now when it comes to riding ....

... you cowgirls have to remember that we English were riding before America was invented.


and I know that Texas girls think that side-saddle is a soft option...


but you should know there are different styles of side-saddle.


... including the spread your legs I'm pleased to see you style.


of course we can ride astride if we have to, even though that isn't particularly challenging....


and of course we English don't object to the odd tat.


but most of all we have deportment...


... and I must say that when I'm out at shows checking out riding potential I'm not adverse to the more more mature rider, but if a young filly winks at me what's a girl to do? Life I guess is full of choices......one the other hand one of each sometimes works..*coughs

4 comments:

Mary said...

Oh am so impressed with the one could accomplish the tricks, but not up to the level of Shirley and Sharon Lucas. Sorry Saffron

Sammie said...

Since my riding accomplishments stem more from the merry-go-round in Central Park, than getting on a real horse, I am hesitant to get into a UK-USA discussion of equestrian skill. However, Saffron does seem outnumbered here so I offer Lady Godiva riding western style through Coventry, England sometime around 1060(yes 1060)But for some reason the painting by a John Collier is fighting my efforts to post itself here. So you will have to look for yourself. Sorry.....

kimmie coco puff said...

What would be even more impressive is if she were riding side saddle for a steeplechase event on a bull!!!! LOL!

Soulstar said...

Hi Sammie! I hear those merry-go-rounds can be pretty challenging. ;) Here's a link everyone, to the painting she referenced: http://www.nonprints.com/painting/Lady_Godiva_3567.html

Now, now, Kimmie, we must let them graduate from horses slowly...*pictures Saffy steeplechasing on a bull... schedules extra paramedics. ;)

Thank you for the post, Saffron! Much enjoyed! :)