Monday 7 February 2011

Green Bay Packers win classic Superbowl over Pittsburgh Steelers


When I first heard about the Super Bowl I thought it was some new power flush system for the bathroom. Any way in the interests of multiculturalism I decided I’d better watch and find out what it was all about - besides I knew Nicky would be talking about it for the next 375869 days! As a sometime research chemist I never like to miss out on chemical extravaganza, so with all that steroidal soup and hormones on display and the additional bonus of seeing men beating the crap out of each other I settled back to watch with some anticipation. Kick off here was scheduled as 11 pm. Of course I thought I was going to watch a football match, I had no idea it was a half day package of show-time, adverts and expert commentary. So much to my chagrin when it all happened I was fast asleep.

Congratulations to the Green Bay Packers for winning 31-25 and I’m sorry now Jen for predicting that the Steelers were bound to win as I realise that must have been the kiss of death for them. I promise I won’t do it again.

4 comments:

kimmie coco puff said...

I guess the packers just wanted it more. What a disappointing game:(

Nicky said...

Have you no respect for the dead, Saffy ? I am going to wear a jersey for a day or so, cause that will be the viewing.I had trouble being behind them, because of the bad behavior their quarterback exhibited toward women, lately.

My state has terrible football teams, lol, that's why I root for other teams. Congratulations to the Packers, and to their fan base, for a great season, and Superbowl win.

Thanks for the post, Saffy.

Saffron said...

I'm sure something nice will happen to you today by way of compensation Jenny.

Jenny said...

As a matter of fact, something better than just nice did. TY Saffy.