Friday 18 February 2011

Get it off your chest with Auntie Quinnie!!!

Dear Auntie Quinnie: I saw the post about poetry and wnted to share my poem for my gf with you. I wonder if you think it a good idea for me to send this to her?

That smile

I know you're there,
I breathe your scent,
That smell that reminds me of you,
I turn and your face brightens with that smile,
That smile.......,
I could look at that smile all day,
I return that smile and open my arms to embrace you,
That familiar feeling of not wanting to let go,
Hold you forever,
Protect you,
My heart beats faster as I lift your face to kiss those lips,
Those lips......,
You gasp and moan slightly as our tongues move together in a way that I've never experienced before,
My thumbs brush your cheeks,
We pull away,
I lift your chin to look at you and let myself get lost in your eyes,
Those eyes.....,
"hi" I say,
"hi" you say,
"I missed you, I love you..."
Then
That smile.......
Auntie Quinnie: Wow, I am thinking if I received this I would think that I had a keeper there. It's not the poet laureate but it shows a personal touch that I think she will like. If it doesn't work then keep it for the next one --- you never know you might get lucky with one of them !!! ----- only joking I think it is lovely. I'm sure the rest of the blog will have their opinion.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Smiles. =)

Dan said...

Surprising how important smell is and yet it is rarely mentioned.

Mary said...

Gosh sakes the entries just get better and better. Ali, truly believe that this was one of your bests posts. Thanks!

Soulstar said...

A wonderful post Ali, and the poem is quite lovely too. :)