Wednesday 4 January 2012

Adele

Singing about the break up of relationships has been one of the great staples of the music industry since time immemorial. Few singers however manage to do it with any real integrity, or even begin to touch on the pain or anger associated with break-up. Certainly Bob Dylan is an exception, but most popular singers manage to gloss over the subject with only a minimal hint at the emotional turmoil involved; perhaps simply because it’s just a song. One exception to this rule is the London born singer Adele, a beautiful singer with enormous integrity.

If you get a chance to see her concert at the Albert Hall in London recently do so. Here is a trailer and a second clip of her singing ‘Someone Like You’, although not quite in the same league as the Albert Hall performance..



4 comments:

Dan said...

I agree I went to the September concert it was brilliant, not a dry eye in the house.

Linda said...

I agree I saw the concert on TV and I'm thinking of ordering the DVD.

Nicky and Allison said...

one of my all time favorite songs...love her!

Nicky said...

This is awesome Saffy, thank you for posting it. I need to explore more of her music.