Friday 9 December 2011

Donna and Lisa

Aunt Lisa came to supper on a Thursday evening. I was putting the finishing touches to a chicken I had cooked in a large casserole with cream and tarragon, some shallots and garlic. It smelled delicious. Donna let Lisa in and led her into the kitchen where I gave her a kiss and Donna supplied wine.

I was busy but listened as they chatted.

‘So,’ said Lisa, ‘you two are an item then?’ She said this without any sort of edge to her words and Donna confirmed that we were. ‘Never did relationships, myself. Apart from her,’ here she apparently indicated me, ‘I could never be bothered. Books are my friends. When you live surrounded by them you know more about life than perhaps you should.’ Lisa was seldom as open as this with people she didn’t know and I could tell she had seen something in Donna that appealed to her. ‘Your eyes are odd.’ She can be direct too. Donna smiled and as I continued to manage the process of bringing a meal to table they chatted and laughed amicably. We all sat around the kitchen table and ate. It had been some time since Lisa and I had spent time together but with her it was always easy for me to feel that we were close, for indeed we were.

‘How’s your mother?’ She and her sister did not get on any more than I enjoyed my relationship with my mother. ‘Has she met Donna?’ I said that she had not. I pointed out that she knew and understood MBM’s difficulties as well as I did and that to introduce them would only serve to fan the fires of her disapproval. ‘Silly bitch.’ She turned to Donna with a thumb pointing at me. ‘Her mother has missed out on all the best bits of motherhood, simply because she has some Victorian idea that people loving members of their own sex is wrong. Having never been in love…..’ Donna interrupted her and asked if never really meant never. ‘Never. I didn’t decide not to, it just hasn’t happened. Mind you, men think if you’re halfway clever you must be odd. And I suppose I have always immersed myself in work. But never having been in love I can only profess to know what it’s like from reading about it. Judging from you two, it looks pretty good.’ To describe herself as halfway clever was a gross understatement and I pointed that out. ‘Balls,’ she said, ‘if you worked where I do you’d know what clever means.’ She turned to Donna. ‘College here,’ even Lisa called me College now! ‘could have been an academic but she lacks focus.’ I protested but by this time I was a mere cook and waitress and Lisa and Donna were the main participants of the conversation. I loved seeing my two favourite people hitting it off so well. I basked in their ease with each other.

As I showed Lisa out much, much later she kissed me and said, ‘Lucky girl, you are. She’s a dear.’ I closed the door when I’d seen her safely to her taxi and thought how right she was. Donna had completed clearing the dishes and yawned.

‘Time for me to hit the sack. Too much wine.’ She kissed me and wandered off to shower. I joined her in the shower which always seems so natural and we washed and kissed but it led to nothing more and so we went to bed and very soon Donna’s breathing became soft and even and I knew she was asleep. I, however, was feeling a little horny. I found my hand between my legs under my nightdress and I gently and, so as not to wake Donna, quietly stroked myself. This is not an everyday occurrence I might point out. It’s not often I need to since, as I have indicated before, Donna and I enjoyed a lively intimacy. But needs must when the devil drives and so I continued and began eventually to feel the approach of delight. Donna has often referred to this moment as waiting for the tube train. She says you can feel its approach before it actually arrives. To my surprise my hand was covered by another and I felt Donna’s mouth at my ear. Her finger joined mine inside me and, wordlessly, the two fingers began to move together. An arm slid under my neck and I was pulled into a warm embrace. As the tube train came closer, her wet finger slipped out and down to that other spot and gently intruded so that I could feel the presence of both digits separated but working magic within. I felt my back lift off the bed and a long, soft groan escaped from between my lips. The whole of me seemed to be centred on those two places at my core. Sometimes orgasm comes swiftly. At others, and this was one, it seems to be drawn from me, an extended period of ecstasy that is extracted like the pulling of a wine cork. My groan became a louder noise and a series of them at that. And then I was there and then I was over the moment and I subsided back onto the bed, my body still occupied by my own finger and Donna’s. She held me to her for a few moments, neither of us moving.

She said, ‘Leave your hand exactly where it is,’ and slipped out of bed to return a few moments later. ‘Give me your finger.’ I raised it to her and she took it in her mouth and sucked it softly. Then she said, ‘Night, College,’ and lay back on her pillow. I went to stroke her but she said, ‘It’s a gift not a debt to be settled.’

I lay awake, listening to her breathing and rolled to look at her. Her odd eyes were closed, her short hair was slightly and endearingly ruffled. I kissed her softly and drifted off into a contented sleep.

I took her a cup of tea the following morning and she sat up in her pyjama jacket and leant back against the bed head. ‘I like Lisa, she’s cool.’

‘She liked you too.’

‘I should bloody well hope so. What’s not to like?’ Now, who in the world could argue with that?

4 comments:

Dan said...

LOL Just about to log off when Donna popped up. I must say you will have to be more careful with such tasty culinary openings or I might not make it to the body of the story. I’m not sure the underground will ever be the same for me again. Many thanks Monica for another great episode.

caprice said...

i go off somewhere, to a beautiful and enchanting place when i read your words monica, those two seem to come alive and i enjoy them so very, very much....thanks dear

Saffron said...

I couldn’t agree more Dan the delicious culinary asides are so distracting. I could of course make some lewd and gratuitous remark involving entrĂ©es but I’m too much of a lady. Suffice to say that like you I shall never be able to stand at Baker Street again and see the train in quite the same way. I agree with Caprice too, Monica does craft such a ‘beautiful and enchanting’ place where we can all escape from the humdrum nature of life every time a new Donna graces our screens. Another great episode Mons.

Linda said...

*fetches train timetable. Another super Donna story Monica.