Tuesday 29 November 2011

Tinker Tailor Feedback and an opportunity for participation.


Many thanks to all of you who have been so kind as to write in about Tinker, Tailor. Your feedback is very much appreciated and it is heartening to know that so many of you derive pleasure from it.

I do appreciate how frustrating it is for casual readers not being able to comment on posts. I’m sure however you will realise that we have had significant problems in the past opening ourselves for general comment. However we are willing to reconsider this and I promise you we will be looking into it.

Firstly we have had an idea from Nicky relating to reader participation.

The suggestion is that readers send in their ideas regarding an alternate ending. This idea could also be extended to ideas to contribute to the plot.

At the moment I have no clear idea of an ending and like all ill-organised people I’m doing things on the hoof. Certainly any contributions would be very welcome and you never know your ending may be the one chosen.

All suggestions will be gratefully received and may be sent to our mailbox: girlscoffeeshop@yahoo.com

To address some of your other specific questions:

Has the result of Tinker, Taylor had any affect on readership?
It’s very difficult to answer this as our Donna series has clearly had a big impact along with some of our other posts. However I’m pleased to say that since the 8th of November we have gone up from around 500 hits a week to nearly 2,500. A figure that brings us back to where we were in our heyday over eighteen months ago. Now in the past the Blog readership has always shown large fluctuations, but whichever way you look at it this is very heartening. Perhaps the most incredible thing is the way our Russian readership has shot up from nowhere, to the third largest number of readers after USA (largest number of readers) and the UK (second largest number of readers) Whether this is the Russian Security Services checking up on me is a moot point.

Tinker seems very well researched. How do you get your ideas?
Well as you rightly say some things have to be researched for the sake of credibility. As for ideas these are mainly assembled last thing at night just before I go to sleep. I think with work and the hassle of the day out of the way I’m probably at my most creative then. My only problem is remembering the ideas in the morning.

Tinker must be very time consuming, how long does an episode take to write?
If I’m meeting a deadline – I’ve set myself a target of an episode every Monday, Wednesday and Friday they can take approximately an hour. If I have more time they can take a lot longer. The main thing is I enjoy recreational writing and it helps me unwind particularly at the end of the day.

Finally thank you all for your feedback; it’s what keeps me going. Particular thanks are due to Judy, Nicky and Monica for their encouragement and support.

4 comments:

Nicky said...

I'm sure my thoughts are like many here. It is hard to conceive of the story or writing being any better than it is already.

I felt the readers may be able to get involved and perhaps thicken the plot, provided it doesn't disturb the flow or standards set by Saffy.

It may be a case of being far enough removed from the trees, as to see the whole forest, as it were.

I think it will be interesting to see where people take this.

~Keep it coming Saffy, great work. ~

Dan said...

I feel I might thicken the plot in more ways than one, but I'll put my thinking cap on.

Nicky said...

We know you can do it Dan ;)

Saffron said...

Yes as long as you are careful where you do it Dan.